Solved: How to hard reset Casio PV 100 press the RESET button, slide the battery switch to the REPLACE BATTERIES position...
Resetting the PV 100 Unit
The following procedure erases all data stored in the memory of the PV Unit.
Perform this operation only when you want to delete all data and initialize the
settings of the PV Unit.
Remember - you should always keep copies of important data by writing it down,
or by transferring it to a personal computer.
To reset the PV Unit
1. Open the cover and touch the screen with the stylus to turn on
2. Use the stylus to press the RESET button on the back of the PV Unit.
If the above does not appear on the display when you press the
button, slide the battery switch to the REPLACE BATTERIES position
and remove the battery compartment cover. Use the stylus to press the P
button and then replace the battery compartment cover. Slide the battery
switch back to the NORMAL OPERATION position and then press the
3. Tap the center of each of the four cross marks as they appear on the
The contrast adjustment screen appears next.
4. Tap to adjust the contrast of the display, and then tap OK.
5. In response to the message that appears, tap Yes to reset the PV
clear all memory contents, or No to abort the reset procedure without
6. If you tapped Yes in the above step, a second confirmation message
appears. Tap Yes to reset the PV Unit and clear all memory contents, or
No to abort the reset procedure without doing anything.
Tapping Yes in the above step starts the actual reset procedure.
7. After the reset procedure is complete, tap the button next to the language
you want to select as the system language.
8. Tap Set to change to the pop up tool screen.
9. Check the time setting and correct it if necessary .
˘ Following are the initial settings of the PV Unit after you perform the
Main clock: Clock 1
Clock 2: New York
Daily Alarm: 12:00 pm
Sound: Daily Alarm off, all others on
Character input: CAPS off