Performing a Reset
When you perform a soft reset, the device deletes any data that has not been saved but saves any data that has been stored in memory. Try performing a soft reset if the device does not respond when you tap the display or press a button.
To perform a soft reset, use the stylus to press the reset button.
NOTICE: When you perform a hard reset, you lose all the data stored and any programs you installed on your device.
Perform a hard reset if:
- You want to delete all the data stored on your device.
- You forget your password and need to clear it.
- Your device is experiencing severe operational problems and you have already attempted a soft reset.
NOTICE: It is strongly recommended that you back up your data before you perform a hard reset. See ActiveSync Help on your computer for more information.
To perform a hard reset:
- Press and hold the power button.
- With the stylus, hold the reset button for about 2 seconds.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.