Resetting the Axim
When you do a soft reset, the device deletes any data or active programsthat has not been saved in the flash memory. In other words, your saved files and programs are not deleted. Try a soft reset if the device does not respond when you tap the display or press a button. The soft reset is disabled when Axim is in full power off mode.
To do a soft reset, use the stylus to press the reset button.
NOTICE: When you do a hard reset, you lose all the data stored in your device
Flash memory, and any programs that you installed on your device.
Do a hard reset if:
- You want to restore the device to factory default settings.
- You forget your password and need to reset it.
- Your device is experiencing severe operational problems and you have already attempted a soft reset.
NOTICE: It is strongly recommended that you back up your data before you do a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
- Press the Power button to turn the Axim unit On.
- Press and hold the Power button down while using the Axim stylus to press the Reset button at the same time.
- Release the Power button and the Reset button. The To clear all data in the memory screen appears.
- Press the Contacts button on the Axim to delete all of the data in the memory of the Axim handheld.
- Press the Mail button on the Axim to cancel the operation without losing data.