RESETTING YOUR IQUEÂ®
You may need to perform a reset if your handheld no longer responds to the buttons or the screen. A soft reset allows your
handheld to get a fresh start, similar to rebooting a PC. All records and entries are retained after a soft reset.
To perform a soft reset:
1. Using the reset tip tool (that may be threaded into the head of your stylus) or an unfolded paper clip (or similar object
without a sharp tip), lightly press the Reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your handheld.
A hard reset will erase all records and entries stored in your handheld. Never perform a hard reset unless a soft reset does not correct your problem. When you perform your next HotSyncÂ® operation, you can restore any data that you previously synchronized to your computer.
To perform a hard reset:
- With the unit powered off, use the reset tip tool to gently press and release the Reset button.
- Press and hold down the power button until the Palm Poweredâ„˘ logo is displayed.
- When the Palm Poweredâ„˘ logo is displayed, release the Power button.
a message appears on the handheld screen warning that all data stored
on the handheld is about to be erased, do one of the following:
- Complete the hard reset by pressing the upper half of the scroll button on the front panel of the handheld. The Digitizer screen appears.
- Press any other button to perform a soft reset.
NOTE: When you perform a hard reset, the current date and time are retained. Formats, preferences, and other settings are restored to their factory default settings.