Resetting Your iQue
You may need to perform a reset if your handheld no longer responds to stylus taps or button presses. A soft reset allows your handheld to get a fresh start, similar to rebooting a PC. All records and entries are retained after a soft reset.
To perform a soft reset:
- Unscrew the head of the stylus to access the reset tip tool, shown below.
- Use the tool to press and release the Reset button inside the hole on the back of the handheld.
hard reset erases all records and entries stored in your handheld.
Never perform a hard reset unless a soft reset does not correct
your problem. When you perform your next HotSync┬« operation, you can restore any data that you previously synchronized to your
To perform a hard reset:
- Press the Reset button as described above.
- Immediately after you release the Reset button, press and hold the Power button until you see the Palm PoweredÔäó logo. Then release the Power button.
a message appears on the screen warning that all data stored on the
handheld is about to be erased, do one of the following:
- Complete the hard reset by pressing the upper half of the scroll button on the front of the handheld. The Digitizer screen appears.
- Press any other button to perform a soft reset.