Resetting the Unit
Performing a Normal Reset - Soft reset
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a â€śsoft reset.â€ť A
normal reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any
programs or saved data.
CAUTION: Be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a
normal reset since normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a normal reset:
1. Locate the Reset button on the side of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button for two
seconds. The Pocket PC restarts in approximately five
seconds and displays the Today screen.
Performing a Full Reset - Hard reset
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a â€śhard reset.â€ť Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs, and data from RAM.
CAUTION: If you perform a full reset, your iPAQ Pocket PC returns
to its default settings and loses all information that is not recorded
in iPAQ File Storage.
To perform a full reset:
1. Press and hold the Power button.
2. Press the Reset button on the side of the iPAQ Pocket PC
with the Stylus.
3. Hold both buttons until the Pocket PC resets. A progress
graph displays on the lower portion of the screen.
4. Release the Power button and remove the stylus. The Pocket
PC powers on.