HP iPAQ rx1950 Pocket PC - Resetting the Unit
You may need to reset your HP iPAQ if it does not respond to your pressing a button or tapping on the screen.
The two types of resets are soft and clean.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running application before performing a soft reset. To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset button on the left side of your HP iPAQ.
2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
The HP iPAQ restarts and displays the iPAQ Entertainment screen.
Performing a Clean Reset - Hard reset
A clean reset clears all user-installed settings, programs, and data, and it restores your HP iPAQ to factory settings.
CAUTION: If you perform a clean reset, your HP iPAQ loses all data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running application before performing a clean reset.
To perform a clean reset and return you HP iPAQ to factory settings:
1. Press and hold the Calendar and iPAQ Wireless buttons.
2. While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the left side of the HP iPAQ for about two seconds.
3. When the HP iPAQ screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iPAQ Wireless buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
4. Plug the device into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again.
The HP iPAQ resets and powers on.