HTC Shift hard reset
Hot fix for resetting SnapVUE to factory default settings from Windows Vista
When SnapVUE hangs or you have forgotten the lock password, the only way you can re-enter SnapVUE mode is to reset it first back to factory default settings. Download and install this hot fix to be able to reset SnapVUE to factory default settings from Windows Vista. (Fix can be found at HTC website.)
In case of system failure, Windows Vista┬« can be recovered to the hard disk by running the hard disk recovery utility. Before starting this utility, make sure to back up important data and files.
To run the hard disk recovery utility
1. Shut down the Mobile Computer and then power it on again.
2. At the start of the boot-up process, immediately press F3 to run the hard disk recovery utility.
3. You will then see the following screen:
Press N to continue with the hard disk recovery process. If you press Y, the hard disk recovery utility is terminated.
4. The next message prompts you whether or not to rebuild the MBR (Master Boot Record) data:
If, aside from drive C, you have created other partitions in the hard disk and you want to keep them, press N. If you press Y, your partitions will be deleted.
5. A confirmation message then prompts you whether or not to continue. Press Y to start the hard disk recovery process. If you press N, the hard disk recovery utility is terminated.
6. After the recovery process is complete, slide and hold the POWER/HOLD switch for about four seconds to shut down the Mobile Computer.