Resetting Your Treo Device
Performing a soft reset is similar to restarting a computer. If your Treo device is not responding or youâ€™re having trouble synchronizing with your computer, a soft reset may help. All your information is retained when you perform a soft reset.
1. Remove the battery from your device, and then reinsert it.
Note: The reset begins when you insert the battery and ends when the Date & Time Preferences screen appears.
2. Select Done.System Reset
Replacing the Battery
Your Treo device comes with a replaceable battery. Be sure to use a battery that is approved
by Sprint and that is compatible with your device. Failure to use the proper battery may
result in personal injury or product damage, and it voids your device warranty.
5. Insert the new battery into the compartment at a 45-degree angle, pressing it into place. Slide the battery door onto the back of the device until it clicks into place.
6. Connect your device to the charger or sync cable.
7. Wait for your device to turn on, and then enable the network time or set the date and time when prompted.
Note: Be sure to dispose of your old battery properly. In some areas, disposal in household or business trash is prohibited.
1. Press Power/End to turn off the screen.
2. Press the Battery Door Release and slide the battery door downward to remove it from your device.
3. Place a finger in the notch next to the battery and lift the battery up at a 45-degree angle to remove it from the compartment.
4. Align the metal contacts on the new battery with the contacts inside the battery compartment.
A system reset, also called a safe or warm reset, can be useful if your device loops or freezes during a soft reset. Performing a system reset allows you to get out of the loop and restores limited functionality to your device in order to uninstall a third-party application thatâ€™s
causing the problem. Note that after a system reset, you must perform a soft reset to restore full functionality, including the wireless features, to your device.
1. Remove the battery from your device.
2. Press and hold Up on the 5-way while reinserting the battery.
3. When Date & Time Preferences appears, then release Up
4. Delete the third-party application that you suspect is causing the problem.
5. Perform a soft reset. (The wireless features of your device are not available until you
complete this step.)
A hard reset erases all information and third-party software on your Treo device. Never perform a hard reset without first trying a soft and a system reset. You can restore previously synchronized information the next time you synchronize.
Note: Your device might not re-establish a Sprint Vision session after a hard reset. To manually establish a new Sprint Vision session, open the Web browser to access a Web site.
A hard reset can tell you if a problem stems from your Treo device or from an application installed on it. If you do not experience the problem after you perform a hard reset, the
problem is related to software you installed.
Important: If you set a password on your device, performing a hard reset reformats your device. This is a more severe form of a hard reset, which removes all your information, and restores your formats, preferences, and other settings to the factory default settings.
Note: Some third-party applications do not create a backup on your computer when you synchronize. If you perform a hard reset, you may lose data in these applications and you need to reinstall these applications after the hard reset. Please contact the developer to find out which information is backed up during synchronization.
1. Remove the battery from your device.
2. Press and hold Power/End while reinserting the battery.
3. When the Access Powered logo appears, release Power/End .
4. When the â€śErase all data?â€ť prompt appears, press Up to confirm the hard reset.
5. If a â€śReformatting in progressâ€ť message appears, do not touch your device until the
process is complete. This may take up to ten minutes.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to align the screen and set the date and time.
7. (Optional) If you want to confirm that the hard reset was successful, press Applications and select HotSync (If you see your device name in the upper-right corner, the hard reset was not successful. If you do not see your device name, then the reset was successful.)
8. Sync to restore any previously synchronized information.