Resetting the Terminal
If the terminal stops responding to input, reset it.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset restarts the terminal and saves all stored records and entries.
Files that remain open during a soft reset may not be retained.
DO NOT perform a soft reset if the terminal is suspended. Press the power button to wake the terminal.
To perform a soft reset on the Standard 6-key keypad, press the Enter and keys while holding down either the left or right scan trigger and then releasing the keys.
To perform a soft reset on the 15-key keypad, press and keys while holding down either the left or right scan trigger and then releasing the keys.
Performing a Hard Reset
A hard reset also restarts the terminal, but erases all stored records and entries. Therefore, never perform a hard reset unless a soft reset does not solve the problem.
To perform a hard reset:
1. Remove the battery cover.
2. While holding down the Function key, use the stylus to gently press the reset button.
3. Release the Function key.
4. Replace the battery cover.
5. Press .
6. As the terminal initializes its Flash File system, the Symbol splash screen displays for about a minute.
7. Calibrate the screen.
With a hard reset, formats, preferences, and other settings are restored to their factory default settings.