Yakumo AlphaX GPS Hard reset Soft reset
Resetting Your Yakumo AlphaX GPS
Caution: Resetting will cause unsaved data to be lost.
Resetting your Yakumo AlphaX GPS is similar to restarting your desktop computer.
It restarts the operating system, but you will lose any unsaved data.
Occasionally, you may need to reset your Yakumo AlphaX GPS; for example, you should reset:
- After you restore data from your desktop computer.
- When your Yakumo AlphaX GPS stops responding; in other
words, it appears to be â€śfrozenâ€ť or â€ślocked up.â€ť
Follow this procedure to reset your Yakumo alpha
1. Remove the SD/MMC card (if installed).
2. Use the stylus to press the soft reset switch
(position 1, see figure).
Remove the SD/MMC card (if installed).
In some cases, you may need to restore your Yakumo AlphaX GPS to the factory default state by clearing the memory (RAM) from your Yakumo alpha GPS. For example, you should clear the memory:
- When your Yakumo AlphaX GPS does not respond after being reset.
- When you forget your password.
To ensure the integrity of your data should it be necessary to clear the memory, youâ€™re advised to regularly synchronize your data (via ActiveSync) with your desktop computer or back up (with a backup utility) to a storage card. For more information on
backing up data, see section 3.5.
Do not slide the battery switch unless it is necessary.
Follow this procedure to clear the memory from your Yakumo AlphaX GPS:
1. Backup your information if necessary.
2. Disconnect all cables, including the AC adapter,
from your Yakumo AlphaX GPS.
3. Stop all running programs by tapping Settings - System tab - Memory icon - Running Programs tab - Stop All.
4. Use the stylus to slide the battery switch to the
left (OFF position).
5. Wait for 1 minute and then slide the switch
again to the right (ON position).
6. Your Yakumo AlphaX GPS will automatically
turn on and prompt you to start the setup
7. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete
the setup wizard.
8. Reestablish a partnership with your desktop computer.
9. You may also want to restore data to your Yakumo AlphaX GPS from your most recent backup file.
NOTE: If the battery completely runs out of power and is not charged in time, you will get
the same result as when you restore the factory default state.